Roanoke, VA has a lot to offer. If you are considering relocating for work, school, retirement, or just for a new start, consider renting an apartments in Roanoke, VA and see for yourself why this is a top-rated city in so many areas.
The following is a list of awards and accolades for the Roanoke Valley in Virginia's Blue Ridge:
- "Top Mid-Sized Town" by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2015
- "10 Great Southern Downtowns" by Southern Business & Development | 2015
- Roanoke - "North America's Best Paddling Towns" by Canoe & Kayak Magazine | 2015
- Roanoke - "Best Retirement Town" - Platinum by Best of the Blue Ridge Parkway Readers Poll | 2015
- Runner Up as Best Place for Outdoor Singles - Best of the Blue Ridge by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2015
- Runner Up as Best Urban Park - Mill Mountain Park - Best of the Blue Ridge by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2015
- Top 10 Mid-Sized American Cities to Visit - World Property Journal | 2015
- Top 10 Road Trips Around the World (Blue Ridge Parkway) - World Property Channel | 2014
- Blue Ridge Parkway named one of the best scenic drives in the South - USA Today Travel | August 2014
- Blue Ridge Parkway named one of America's Best Road Trips - Travel & Leisure | April 2014
- Top 10 Valentine's Getaways - World Property Channel | 2014
- Roanoke as a "Top Digital City" | 2000-2015
- Ten Best American Vacation Towns to Live in Year-Round - Money Crashers | August 2014
- Named one of America's Best Small Cities on the Rise by Smarter Travel | July 2014
- Roanoke - "Best Big City" - Gold by Best of Blue Ridge Country Readers Poll | 2013
- Roanoke - "Best Revitalized Downtown" - Gold by Best of Blue Ridge Country Readers Poll | 2013
- Best Trail Town - Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2013
- Roanoke was voted the "2013 Southern Hospitality City" in Virginia.
- Next Great Neighborhood: Downtown Roanoke - Southern Living | November 2013
- Best Mountain Town - Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2012
- Business Insider named Roanoke County as one of the 20 American Cities and Counties That Could be the Next Silicon Valley | 2011
- The Forbes list of "America's Best Colleges" ranked Hollins University the 95th best college in the United States | 2009
- Roanoke County ranked No. 9 on Money Magazine's "10 Best Places for Jobs" | 2009
- Expansion Management named Roanoke of the Top 50 cities for expansions and relocations.
- Expansions Management named the Roanoke Valley a Five-Star Community for quality of life.
- Named by Inc. Magazine as one of the 100 best places for business development.
- Cities Ranked and Rated ranked Roanoke as the 11th best city in the United States.
- Money Magazine ranked Roanoke as one of the top three "Best Places to Retire" in the United States.
- Ranked by Forbes.com as one of the 100 best places for businesses and careers.
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine named the Roanoke Valley one of the 10 healthiest places to live in the United States.
- Money Magazine named Roanoke as the third most livable Southern city.
- Parenting Magazine called the Roanoke Valley one of the 10 best places to raise a family in the United States.
- The Historic Roanoke City Market has been named one of America's Great Public Places.
- Roanoke has been named an All-America City six times by the National Civic League.
- Named one of "America's Most Livable Communities" by Partners for Livable Communities.