It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. Often it is easy to fall victim to stress during this hectic time of the year. It is important to remember that holidays are for bringing families together and should be filled with traditions, both new and old. Getting ready for, and entertaining in your apartment in Roanoke, VA should be fun. Get your children involved, and enjoy the holidays with them, while making some new family traditions. Here are some quick and easy ideas:
- Have your kids design name tags for all the guests who will be coming. It also would be fun to get them laminated so the original artist could look back years from now and see the beautiful work they did when they were younger.
- Assign a child to be in charge of family photos and have them make a fun slide show. With children being so technologically savvy these days, sometimes they are better equipped to technology than adults!
- Ask some of the children to prepare a “welcome greeting” or a list of items to be thankful for.
- Of course, some items are prepared and frozen over this upcoming weekend. When preparing foods in advance, have your young chef help you in the kitchen!
- Create a scrap book and have colored pencils, crayons etc, on a table and as each person enters the home they can write down what they are most thankful for (if they can’t write, a cute picture will suffice).