Whether you are hosting a holiday party in your apartment in Roanoke, VA, or intending to be a guest at another party, you need some recipe ideas that are perfect for the fall. Well, here are a few pumpkin recipes from soup, to main course to dessert.
Here are some picks for favorite pumpkin recipes:
4 Macintosh apples - peeled, cored and chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon white sugar
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, curry, and cumin; saute, stirring often, until onion is soft and fragrant.
- Stir in apples, pumpkin, broth, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in a food processor or a blender.Return soup to saucepan; reheat, covered, over low heat. -allrecipes.com.
3 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
2 bottles (12 ounces each) chili sauce
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Add water if desired to reduce thickness. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.- tasteofhome.com
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. pumpkin (1/2 a can)
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
- Dissolve baking soda in milk, set aside.
- In large bowl add pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg. Stir.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.
- Cool and gobble.- cooks.com
Enjoy cooking with pumpkin!