Many of the residents in our apartments in Roanoke, VA eat out for Thanksgiving, or would prefer to order-out. Here is a list of restaurants that offer good Thanksgiving food.
There are also some ideas for places to order and pick up prepared foods that will make Thanksgiving less stressful and allow folks to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with their families.
Restaurants open for Thanksgiving
- 419 West, 3865 Electric Road, Roanoke.
- Peaks of Otter Lodge, 85554 Blue Ridge Pkwy, Bedford.
- Mountain Lake Lodge, 115 Hotel Circle, Pembroke.
- Salem House Restaurant, 311 W. Main St., Salem.
- Cracker Barrel (multiple locations)
- The Roanoker Restaurant, 2522 Colonial Ave. S.W., Roanoke.
- The Regency Room, Hotel Roanoke, 110 Shenandoah Ave. N.W., Roanoke.
- Billy’s, 102 Market St. S.E., Roanoke.
- Blues BBQ, 107 Market St. S.E., Roanoke.
- Cambria Suites, 301 Reserve Ave. S.W., Roanoke.
- Country Cookin’ (multiple locations)
- Famous Anthony’s (multiple locations)
- K&W Cafeteria (multiple locations)
- The Swinging Bridge Restaurant, 16071 Paint Bank Road, Paint Bank.
Many of these shops require that orders be placed in advance and picked up by a certain deadline, so don’t wait until the last minute.
- The Fresh Market, 2207 Colonial Ave. S.W., Roanoke.
- Tinnell’s Finer Foods, 2205 Crystal Spring Ave. S.W., Roanoke.
- Local farmers market vendors sell pies, jams, cheese, meat, eggs, sauces and other local pre-made goods.
- Montano’s International Gourmet, 3733 Franklin Road S.W., Roanoke. (for scratch-made salads and dressings, house-roasted meats and specialty cheeses)
- M & K Food Shop, 1731 Grandin Road S.W., Roanoke. (for items such as smoked trout spread, ham biscuits, macaroni and cheese, and pumpkin spice cheesecake)
- Piety, 2073 Colonial Ave. S.W., Roanoke.
- Local bakeries, including On the Rise, Bread Craft, Edible Arts, Our Daily Bread, Wildflour and Euro Bakery.