It should come as no surprise that the Roanoke Valley in Virginia's Blue Ridge is a region that has received numerous awards and accolades over the past few years.
With our outstanding quality of life, stunning natural beauty and wide variety of activities, the region constantly finds itself on 'Top 10' lists and other rankings from numerous publications and organizations.
People in Virginia's Blue Ridge take a tremendous amount of pride in where they live and they're excited to share our culture and character with visitors.
Many of these awards and titles are thanks to the hard work and passionate commitment of locals who do so much to make the Roanoke Valley a wonderful place to live, work, play and visit.
People around the world are learning what makes Virginia's Blue Ridge the perfect place to experience a Blue Ridge Day, and we hope you'll experience it for yourself.
The following is a list of awards and accolades for the Roanoke Valley in Virginia's Blue Ridge for just the last year alone:
- Roanoke is a seven time All-America City – National Civic League
- Roanoke named a "Top U.S. Destination for 2018" by AARP | January 2018
- Roanoke named one of "25 Great Scenic Places to Retire" by Forbes | November 2017
- Roanoke named one of "25 U.S. Cities That Millennials Can Afford – and Actually Want to Live In" by The Penny Hoarder | July 2017
- Roanoke named one of "The 20 Best Mountain Towns in America" by Men's Journal | May 2017
- Roanoke named one of the "20 Greenest Cities in the Nation" by Expedia Viewfinder | April 2017
- Best Place for Outdoor Singles – Best of the Blue Ridge by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2017
- Best Place to Raise an Outdoor Family – Best of the Blue Ridge by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2017
- Mill Mountain – Best Running Trail – Best of the Blue Ridge by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2017
- GO Outside Festival – Best Festival – Best of the Blue Ridge by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine | 2017